The installation of InfiNet Wireless units in an outdoor environment, as well as antennas alignment, must be performed by qualified personnel who have acquired before, the knowledge about:
- Hardware Description of InfiNet Wireless R5000
- Installation of InfiNet Wireless R5000
- InfiPLANNER link planning tool
To accomplish the tasks presented in this course, we need the following equipment/accessories/tools:
iPerf: command line tool available for free download at https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php. For more information about the usage of iPerf commands, please consult the online documentation at https://iperf.fr/iperf-doc.php.
The following setup will be used:
As the tasks described in Link installation, commissioning and evaluation are performed to wireless links installed in an outdoor environment, we have to make sure that:
- You acknowledge the regulations imposed by the Regulatory Authority for Communications in your country for the radio spectrum to be used.
- You chose known locations for the installation of the links; although InfiNet Wireless devices can also operate in Near-LoS or Non-LoS conditions, to achieve the best performance, it's highly recommended to install the link in locations where Clear-Line-of-Site and clear channels are available.
- You performed link planning using the InfiPLANNER tool (https://infiplanner.infinetwireless.com) to determine the link path profiles, radio equipment placement requirements, etc.
- InfiNet Wireless equipment will not be located in the proximity of high voltage power lines or other electrical power circuits.
- Both indoor and outdoor units will be properly grounded to protect against power surges and accumulated static electricity.
- The indoor units will not operate near a direct heat source, water or in a wet environment.